In 1871, this property was part of the Espiritu Santo, a land grant to the de la Garza family from the King of Spain. In modern times it was the homestead of the late Frank and Martha Russell who came to the Rio Grande Valley from Oklahoma in the mid 30's. They bought property north of Brownsville and cleared much of it for the farming of cotton, sugar cane, vegetables and sorghum, retaining 82 acres for their home and private use.
The home was occupied by Mrs. Russell until late 2000. In the fall of 2001 renovations began, and in January of 2002, family members opened the 82 acres to the public as a small birding and butterfly venue called Los Ebanos Preserve and began to host weddings and other events in the house called Casa Los Ebanos. The past fifteen years have seen hundreds of weddings and other celebrations. We would be pleased to make an appointment to welcome you to this very special property.
Casa Los Ebanos 27715 State Highway 100 Los Fresnos, TX 78566
Phone: 956-399-9097 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The post office recently changed our mailing address from San Benito to Los Fresnos but we are still in the same location at the corner of Expressway 77/83 and State Highway 100, closer to San Benito than to Los Fresnos
(see map on Contact Us page).
Content copyright . Casa Los Ebanos. All rights reserved.